61% of mobile users will leave a website that isn't mobile friendly.
46% of mobile web users are unlikely to return to a website that isn't mobile friendly.
In a study done by Google in 2012, 2/3 of mobile users are more likely to buy goods or services from a company that has a mobile website. 93.3 percent of small and medium sized business websites are not mobile compatible. That leaves a huge opportunity for a business to set themselves apart from the competition by giving their mobile website visitors a more enjoyable experience.
What is Mobile Friendly?
A Google survey of mobile users showed that mobile users view certain criteria as essential in making their online experience more enjoyable. To be mobile friendly, a website should have the following features:
- Fast loading
- Large buttons that are easy to read and press with your thumb.
- One direction scrolling without pinching
- Quick access to contact information
- Click to call phone number
- Links to social media profiles
How do I know if my website is mobile friendly?
That’s the easy part. Click here to do run a mobile friendly test on your website. Generally speaking, if you load your website on your mobile phone and cant read the buttons or content on your homepage without pinching the screen to enlarge it, your website is not mobile friendly.
Why do I need a mobile website?
55% of purchase-related conversions occur within 1 hour of the initial mobile search. Simply put, when people are visiting a website on their mobile device, it’s usually important enough to them that they feel the need to get the information at that time instead of waiting to get on a computer. Most businesses report, depending on their industry, that anywhere between 25% and 60% of their traffic is from a mobile device. Can you afford to turn away one quarter to two thirds of your website traffic because your visitors can’t read your website?
How do I make my website mobile friendly?
Depending on how your website was built, there are a few options available. We would have to look at your site to make recommendations based on your site’s current structure. Click here, or call 214-662-6848 to request a free consultation on how we can help.
Mobile website options
- Redirected mobile site – For old HTML websites, this is the only option short of a complete website design. A script that detects the size of the screen your site is being viewed on is installed in to your site that would redirect a mobile visitor from your site to a mobile site we built.
- For WordPress sites, we could look at installing a plugin in to your site that would make it mobile friendly. Depending on how your site was built, this may or may not be an option.
- Responsive website design – In instances where a complete redesign of your site is required, we would design your website with WordPress on a responsive theme that would reorganize the content to be viewed on any size screen, making it mobile friendly. Our website is built on a responsive theme. View it on both a computer and your mobile phone, and you’ll see exactly how a responsive theme works.